My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Zen and the Art of Canvassing

I had an out-of-body experience last Saturday while canvassing for President Obama. From a parallel universe, I watched my avatar walking around a desolate subdivision in the mid-day heat of Central Florida. Knocking on doors, leaving pamphlets, now and then talking to someone (supporters and not), my avatar doggedly covered her turf. We were a long way from the crowded streets and energy of Manhattan.

Now back to what passes for reality these days and the art of canvassing. After a refresher lesson on cutting turf, I am now creating maps and walk lists for the Lake Nona and Lake Hart team canvasses. We are doing our first canvass in Lake Hart on Saturday. There are lots of red dots on the maps; I am hoping for a strong turnout of volunteers. There are just five more weeks until Election Day on November 6th, with early voting beginning October 27th.

Four more years!


No comments:

Post a Comment