My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Monday, July 30, 2012

100 Days and Counting

This past weekend marked 100 days until the election in November. I hosted a phone bank to call registered voters of various political parties and inclinations to identify supporters of President Obama. We need more volunteers in Lake Nona as the pace of grassroots organizing picks up.

Our small but very industrious phone crew included four new recruits to the effort. The challenge is to grow the team, with volunteers coming back again and again to events. I emailed about 100 people yesterday, inviting them to a phone bank tomorrow night. I will follow up with calls this evening to recruit volunteers. I will be delighted if eight people show up. I just keep emailing and calling.

Some of you have asked about my avatar, Eileen from the Obama campaign. Who do you think is making all those calls?




No comments:

Post a Comment