My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Warming up the Crowd for POTUS

Lesson Learned: When your audience has been standing in the hot sun or sitting on hard benches for 2 - 3 hours, be the first speaker. The 2,000 or so people in the gym will be so excited that the program is finally getting under way, they will applaud and cheer at anything you say. That's what happened when I gave the welcoming remarks for President Obama's appearance at Rollins College. Well, I didn't do it, exactly. "I am fired up and ready to go!" is not an expression that falls trippingly off the tongue of this life-long introvert. My avatar took over when we reached the podium, and Eileen from the Obama campaign had the crowd cheering on cue. Good job, girlfriend! I will admit that I shared the adrenaline rush from the great audience reaction. It was an extraordinary experience.

But that was nothing compared to the electric reaction when President Obama entered. POTUS has charisma, the real thing. The President was smart, funny, passionate. Another adrenaline rush!

My five minutes of fame are behind me. It is time to recruit for this Sunday's canvass and the phone bank next Wednesday. There is a lot of work to do to make sure we have President Obama in the White House for four more years. But I am fired up and ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment