My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Avoid the Lines - Vote By Mail

We will be encouraging Democrats in Florida to Vote by Mail (VBM) in the upcoming elections - local, state and national. State legislation passed last year shortened the early voting period and tightened requirements for voter ID and information changes at the polls. The legislation also wiped out the rolls of people who had previously requested VBM ballots. Now everyone has to request absentee ballots again.

Although I have always liked going to the polls to vote, I am mailing in my absentee ballot today for the January 31st election. I can't just talk the talk; I have to walk the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment