My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good: The Great, actually. President Obama delivered a positive, concrete, hard-hitting State of the Union address. I watched with a group of supporters at a home near UCF. Samuel gave a brilliant overview of OFA's organizing strategy. Dom arrived to lend her enthusiastic support. Who knew that at this point in my life I would apprentice myself to twenty-something year olds. Great move on my part!

After the President's address, we connected to a conference call with David Axelrod, who told us how critical our role was in the President's re-election campaign. My head said another bonding ritual. My heart said it is working; just tell me what to do.

The Bad: The stone-faced stares of the Republican members of Congress during the President's address projected their obstinacy. They are not going to move an inch to serve the American people.

The Ugly: Gov. Chris Christie vows to veto legislation to provide marriage equality. When did New Jersey become a part of the Bible Belt?

No comments:

Post a Comment