My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

If You Build It, They Will Come

"If you build it, they will come" to my first OFA Orlando Airport team meeting last night. We are not talking about basic infrastructure or bricks and mortar. I did make about 200 calls to people who support Barack Obama, and a small but extremely passionate group did show up. I can still feel their positive spirit in my apartment. I am glad the little raspberry pastries were a favorite; there were not too many left for me to indulge in. We will skip the pepper goat cheese next time; even I didn't like it.

Now follow up, follow up, follow up. Let's build on that energy to register voters and reach out to the community.Thanks to Joshua, Samuel. Dom and Jessica for showing me how it is done and supporting me in my inaugural meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment