My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Bumper Sticker Stories

Jessica tells me that the Obama campaign is looking for stories about bumper stickers. Here is my submission.

I noticed one other car in my apartment complex with an Obama bumper sticker. For weeks, I staked out the car at every opportunity, hoping to see the owners. One afternoon, as I getting ready to go to the supermarket, I saw a young couple get into the car. They locked the doors and were getting ready to take off. I did not let that stop me. Running toward the car and waving my arms in the air, I called out that I was another supporter of President Obama. While I must have looked like a lunatic, they did roll down the windows. I introduced myself; we exchanged contact information; and they are now members in good standing of the Orlando Airport Neighborhood team to re-elect President Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment