My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Demlandia, My Parallel Universe

Are there millions of parallel universes? I can vouch for the existence of at least one, and I have been spending a lot of time there lately. Let's call it Demlandia. I have an avatar in Demlandia. Her name is "Eileen, from the Obama campaign."

My avatar is different from me in so many ways. Obama campaign Eileen spends hours calling people on the phone and chatting up supporters. She invites people into her small apartment for neighborhood team meetings and phone banking. For these bonding rituals, she offers snacks purchased at the local Publix (which, by the way, will not permit voter registration drives outside its doors).

My avatar also meets 1-on-1 with Obama supporters at various locations. Dunkin' Donuts is a favorite. Obama Campaign Eileen shares her passion and determination to re-elect President Barack Obama. We will win, by fighting hard for each and every vote. I am beginning to like my Demlandia avatar; scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment