My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Avatar Goes with the Flow

I am hosting a gathering on February 22nd for Women for Obama, to connect with First Lady Michelle Obama on a national conference call. Because of technical difficulties (you really don't want to know), I cannot use the VAN to schedule women who say they will attend when I call them. They have to go to the Obama website themselves to RSVP. Given the limited capacity of my apartment, I am trying to manage attendance carefully. That goal was thrown into doubt when the Obama campaign sent an email to "women who live in my area" with the event announcement, including my address. Control-freak Eileen freaked out.

Wisely, I entered Demlandia, my parallel universe. My avatar, Eileen from the Obama campaign, was not at all perturbed. She is ready to handle whatever happens on Wednesday with a positive, cheerful attitude. My avatar is so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment