My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's register some voters!

I have my clipboard, my pen and my checklist of the voter registration process. Tomorrow afternoon I will be at the Osceola County Art Festival to register voters, whether they be Democrats, Republicans, Independents or members of the Party of What's Happening Now.

It will be a relief to take action after spending so much time reading about various controversies. First, Komen's decision to cut grants to Planned Parenthood to provide mammograms to lower income women. Then the uproar over the decision to require employers to provide health insurance coverage for contraception to women without co-pays. My brain hurts from trying to live in two historical periods at the same - Modernity and the Middle Ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment