My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Double Down

I wasn't getting much traction as Precinct Woman for my sparsely populated neighborhood, with few registered Democrats on the books. So I doubled down. Now I am the OFA neighborhood team leader for 13 precincts around the Orlando International Airport. Our first OIA neighborhood organizing meeting is set for January 9th in my tiny apartment. I have made about 30 calls to prospective volunteers, and four people have said they probably will attend. Jessica said she will help out. I am beginning to feel like a real grassroots political organizer. I'll try not to let it go to my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment