My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Risky Business - Registering Voters

Last night, I trained to register voters in the Sunshine State and then signed an affidavit attesting to the accuracy of the personal identifying information I provided. The affidavit, a new Florida State requirement for people who want to register citizens so they can exercise their Constitutionally guaranteed right to vote, spells out the penalties if I mess up this process: big dollar fines and/or jail. While this is far from fighting in the Resistance during WWII, registering voters in Florida these days does produce a frisson of danger. Keep the bail money handy. I'm In!

No comments:

Post a Comment