My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Reach Out And Touch Someone

It's back to basics. I am making calls on my land line to people in the OIA neighborhood who are supporters of President Obama. I am inviting them to the January 9th organizing meeting. While "not home" and "disconnected" are frequent results, I am getting through to a number of people who answer "Yes. I'm In!" In my previous phone banking experiences, the calling lists have been more diverse. I really don't mind people hanging up on me or saying nasty things. Talking to people who are ready to help the re-election campaign does give me energy to make that next call and the 20 after that. My special thanks to the woman who spent 40 years raising toy poodles and is now putting her efforts into the Obama campaign. Four More Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment