My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Monday, December 26, 2011

You've got to accentuate the positive

The opening lines of this song keep running through my head: "You've got to accentuate the positive. Eliminate the negative. Latch on to the affirmative." So many people I talk to are disappointed, depressed and turned off by today's politics. I try to respect their feelings although I don't always agree with the premises on which they are based.

I tell them why I am working to re-elect President Obama, Senator Bill Nelson, and progressive Democrats down ballot. To me, the 2012 election is so critical. Because of the drastically different visions of the two major parties, the election could bring significant changes in the nation's policies and direction for decades to come. We have seen the start of this movement in the Congress and a number of State legislatures. I want a President, Congress and State officials who share my core values of social justice and equal opportunity. My choice is clear. Re-elect President Barack Obama. Hold the Senate for the Democrats. Take back the House of Representatives for the Democrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment