My Life as a Precinct Captain

This blog will chronicle my adventures as the precinct woman for Precinct 437, Orange County, Florida, and Lake Nona NTL for OFA, leading up to the November 6, 2012 Election.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Walk Your Precinct! This is the first commandment of the grassroots political organizer. I check the map. From my apartment, at the northern most point of Precinct 437, to the southern most point, south of 417, is 13 miles - one way. I think I'll drive.

The day is bright and mild as I turn off 417 onto Boggy Creek Road. That is nice for the many cows and horses in the fields. I can't say anything about the local residents (Democrats or not) because I don't see any. The few homes are widely spaced and set far back from the roads. There are probably big guard dogs on the premises. I will not be canvassing this area at night, even if my pals Scarecrow, Tinman and Lion come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment